Steel City Landscape provides a complete grounds maintenance service. From lawn care to mulching, weed control, trimming, pruning and planting… we cover it all. All programs are customized to fit your particular property.
The following is a template of our complete landscaping maintenance program. These services begin in April and end in November each year.
Maintain Lawn Areas & Weeding to Include:
- Prior to mowing remove all paper, litter, leaves, and any other unspecified debris from the lawn area and all planting beds.
- From April through November all finished lawn areas will be mown to the proper height to maintain optimum lawn health and appearance.
- Weekly, all edges will be trimmed around the buildings and other structures such as transformers, patios, sidewalks, curbs, streets, parking areas, lamp posts, mailboxes, signs, and any other obstructions within the grounds each time the lawn is mowed. Sidewalks are to be swept or made clean of any debris as a result of lawn maintenance.
- At least (3) times during the season turf growing along the sidewalks, curbs, and driveways will be power edged to maintain a neat and uniform appearance.
- Grass will be cut in a manner so as not to blow or spray grass clippings from the mower into any shrubs, trees, flowers, mulch beds, sidewalks, driveways, patios, and streets.
- All grass clippings which are piled up or would be detrimental to lawn growth will be removed from the lawns.
- As needed, a Non-Selective Herbicide will be applied to gravel beds, sidewalks, curbs, pavement, cracks, etc. to eliminate unsightly weed growth.
- Once per month, weeds, growing along the side of guardrails, on crown vetch covered areas, and the peripheral areas will be cut and removed. Planting beds will also be cleared of weeds if they are (6”) or bigger and/or sprayed with an herbicide if smaller.